We are now accepting submissions for our sixth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in October, this issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits and cider the region has to offer and will announce the winners in print to more than 120,000 readers. Each category will award medals to the top three winning submissions, in addition to Judges’ Picks, and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends, travel and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit beers to the 2017 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
1) Cost of entry is $40 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted by check at the address listed below, or credit card by clicking here (or copying the link below*). The applicable fees must be paid with submission to be entered in the judging.
2) Please fill out the linked submission form, click here (or copying the link below**) to go to the form. Each form provides for up to five (5) submissions. If you are submitting more than five (5) products, submit one form and start a second (or third) until you are finished. The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the form is completed.
3) Send four (4) samples of each submission for 500ml or less, two (2) samples for 22oz or 750ml bottles or one (1) growler.
4) Do not send more than two (2) submissions per category. For example, if you produce multiple stouts, please only send two as that is all that will be judged for that category.
5) List the price of the product based on suggested retail price for the full unit, before taxes. As in, if this beer only comes in 6-packs or on draft, please provide that price.
6) The product must be currently available in the calendar year of 2017 or by February 1st of 2018.
7) All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska or British Columbia.
8) Submission receiving deadline is Thursday, July 6.
Note: if you do not currently bottle and will be sending a growler, please call 206-467-4578 to coordinate.
THE CATEGORIES ARE:
India Pale Ale West Coast-style — NEW CATEGORY
India Pale Ale New England-style — NEW CATEGORY
Imperial/Double India Pale Ale
Saison/Farmhouse — NEW CATEGORY
Wild Ale (mixed fermentation, Brett, etc.) — NEW CATEGORY
Fruit Beer — NEW CATEGORY
Ship all entries and check payment to the following address:
Sip Northwest Magazine
Attn: Best Of
1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E
Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please call 206-467-4578.