We are now accepting submissions for Sip Northwest‘s eighth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in November, this issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits and cider the region has to offer and will announce the winners in print to more than 120,000 readers. The top three winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends, travel and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets. (See last year’s results here.)
To submit wines to the 2019 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
- Please fill out the linked submission form by clicking HERE (or copying the below link* into your browser). After registering or signing in to Enofile, update the wines you are going to submit in Step 1, then move on to Step 2 to select 2019 Sip Northwest Magazine and submit wines. The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
- Cost of entry is $65 USD for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted by check at the address listed below, or credit card through the Enofile process. The applicable fees must be paid with submission to be entered in the judging.
- Send three (3) samples of each submission of 750ml or four (4) samples of each submission of 500ml or less.
- Do not send more than two (2) submissions per category. For example, if you produce multiple Cabernet Sauvignons, please only send two as that is all that will be judged for that category.
- List the price of the product based on suggested retail price before taxes.
- The product must be currently available in the calendar year of 2019 or by February 1st of 2020.
- All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
- Submission receiving deadline is Tuesday, July 16.
*Credit card payment and submission form link: https://enofileonline.com/landing.aspx?competitionID=2555
THE CATEGORIES* ARE:
Red Single Varietal (Grenache, Petit Verdot, Gamay Noir, etc.)
Red Blend – Bordeaux-style (a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot and/or Carménère)
Red Blend – Rhone-style (a blend of the red grapes of Rhone Valley origin; Syrah, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Counoise, etc.)
Red Blend – Proprietary (a blend that uses red varieties that originated from all over, “a kitchen sink” blend)
Chardonnay — Unoaked
Chardonnay — Oaked
White Single Varietal (Semillon, Grüner Veltliner, Chenin Blanc, Marsanne, Roussanne, etc.)
All types (2018 vintage only, must be released by October 2019)
All types (including Port-style, late harvest, ice wine, etc.)
*Though unlikely for most, all categories are subject to change if submissions are too low or too high. In the case of lower submissions, wines would be merged into an appropriately fitting category; for higher submissions, a category of its own would be created.
Ship all entries and check payment to the following address:
Sip Northwest Magazine
Attn: BEST OF WINE
1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E
Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please email Melissa Miller at email@example.com.
Sip Northwest is an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest. Please join us in finding the best of the year to highlight and showcase in this issue. Thank you!