We are now accepting submissions for our eighth annual Best of the Northwest issue! Out in November, this issue will feature the top picks for wine, beer, spirits and cider the region has to offer and will announce the winners in print to more than 120,000 readers. The top four winning submissions of each category will be awarded medals and the issue will also cover industry leaders, trends, travel and products.
The beverages will be tasted blind, with a panel comprised of the Northwest’s top palates, judges and professionals, whose verdict we will relay onto the pages of the issue. Our goal is to provide our readers with unique and original content pertaining to the best of Northwest beverages and create an overall greater consumer awareness and appreciation of our area’s liquid assets.
To submit beers to the 2019 Best of the NW, please use the below rules for entry:
- Submit your beers by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*). Through The Data Still, you must register your brewery and each beer, then submit per category and pay to complete. The submission will not be entered in the judging unless the online form is completed.
- Cost of entry is $45 for each individual product submission. Payment is accepted via credit card at the end of The Data Still submission process. Access that by clicking HERE (or by copying the link below into your browser*). The applicable fees must be paid with submission to be entered in the judging.
- Send four (4) samples of each submission for 500ml or less, two (2) samples for 22oz or 750ml bottles or one (1) growler.
- List the price of the product based on suggested retail price for the full unit, before taxes. As in, if this beer only comes in 6-packs or draft, please provide that price.
- All products must be produced in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or British Columbia.
- Submission receiving deadline is Friday, June 28.
Note: if you do not currently bottle and will be sending a growler, please email Melissa Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
*Submission form and credit card payment link:https://thedatastill.com/home/landing/2143
In following the definitions by the Brewers Association,
THE CATEGORIES* ARE:
American-style India Pale Ale
Juicy/Hazy India Pale Ale
Imperial/Double India Pale Ale
Wild Ale (mixed fermentation, Brett, etc.)
*Though unlikely for most, all categories are subject to change if submissions are too low or too high. In the case of lower submissions, beer would be merged into an appropriately fitting category; for higher submissions, a category of its own would be created.
- Carefully package all glass-format beers, especially growlers, as shipping companies are not always gentle.
- Please do not use packing peanuts or popcorn.
- Ship all entries and check payments to the following address:
Sip Northwest Magazine
Attn: BEST OF BEER
1333 N. Northlake Way, Suite E
Seattle, WA 98103
For personal delivery, please email Melissa Miller at email@example.com.
Sip Northwest is an award-winning publication covering the wine, beer, spirits and cider of the Pacific Northwest. Please join us in finding the best of the year to highlight and showcase in this issue. Thank you!