In the rolling hills of Walla Walla, an alliance was formed with the sole purpose of creating an exceptional wine. Metropolitan Grill along with Doubleback Winery’s owner and founder, former NFL quarterback Drew Bledsoe, and President & Director of Winemaking, Josh McDaniels proudly present Ensemble. With both parties always committed to serving the highest quality and providing guests the best experience possible, this partnership was built with the same goal in mind – a perfect blend.
Ensemble is a blend of three different barrels from the Doubleback Estate. It is 78% Cabernet from the Doubleback’s Lafore Vineyard in the Rocks District, made up of two different barrels picked ten days apart. The other 22% is made up from Malbec off of their Bob Healy Vineyard.
Ensemble is Bledsoe and McDaniels’ first ever restaurant private blend. It will be released in January 2020 exclusively to the Cellar Club members as part of their quarterly allocation.
In addition to Bledsoe and McDaniels involvement, it was produced in collaboration with Metropolitan Grill Director of Operations Joshua Anderson, Wine Director Aaron Wood-Snyderman, Cellar Master David Leischner, and, Doubleback Winery Assistant Winemaker Joe Woolsey.
“We are honored and humbled to have been given the opportunity to create a special blend with such an incredible winery,” says Wine Director Aaron Wood-Snyderman. “Our goal was to blend a wine that is vibrant in its youth, but one that will also develop beautiful complexities with cellar age, and we accomplished just that. Ensemble has a rich balance featuring notes of dark cherry, red currant and black plum, with accents of cedar, cigar box and baking spice. On the palate, the wine delivers polished tannins with a racy tense acidity leading to a lengthy finish carried by beautiful Bordeaux-esque secondary notes of mineral complexity.”
Drew Bledsoe shares, “In blending our two teams together, our focus was on quality; ensuring we provided a world-class wine experience with each sip of Ensemble.”
Wine Spectator’s Grand Award Recipient
Metropolitan Grill is one of only seven restaurants in the world to be included in Wine Spectator’s Grand Award list for 2018, which is the ultimate recognition for restaurants with world-class wine programs.
Metropolitan Grill is still accepting members into their esteemed Cellar Club for those people who wish to enhance their home cellars from one of the top wine lists in the world.
Since the wine club’s inception, Wood-Snyderman’s has shared his extensive wine knowledge with members, providing exceptional wines and showcasing them at intimate educational tastings at the restaurant.
To learn more about Metropolitan Grill’s Cellar Club and to sign up for access to exclusive wines including the new Ensemble, please visit: TheMetCellarClub.com